- Description: I created stationary and business cards using Illustrator, for myself as an event pianist. The project was intended to practice simplicity and unity in the theme of pieces for a company. Also practiced were good file management techniques between Illustrator and InDesign.
- Process (Programs, Tools, Skills): I created the all the “keyboard” type objects in Illustrator, using the pen tool for the main logo’s dividing lines and the pencil tool for the keyboard at the foot of the stationary’s wavy line. I used the pathfinder tool to divide them and color the separate objects differently.
- Message: I wanted to convey a certain power and diversity to the music I can play, especially since this is meant for any type of event.
- Audience: The intended audience are those who are in need of music for their event. I wanted to show professionalism in the design, since few people want an amateur to play for their event, but I also wanted to express an ability for fun, to show that my music is enjoyable.
- Top Thing Learned: The usefulness of the pathfinder tools mixed with the pen and pencil tools for diversifying my designs.
- Color scheme and color names: The color scheme is complimentary, between orange and blue. In a humorous error, I actually put in purple and yellow at first by accident. The scheme was still complimentary, but my inability to see red caused me to put entirely different colors in.
- Title Font Name & Category: This font has been edited from the original, but is a sans-serif font.
- Copy Font Name & Category: Adelle, an oldstyle serif font.